Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day Ninety

Addie wrote a little song for daddy tonight:

Dad by day all I think about is you.
I am lost in the world around me.
Your in my heart but I want to see your face.
I can't wait to see you again.


Isn't that the cutest little thing ever! She even made up a little tune to sing it to. Her goal is to record a video and send it to her Daddy. I think his heart will melt.

Day 100 is coming up and I am having a little bit of a hard time deciding when to "celebrate" making it this far. I started counting the day Chris left and counted the 4 days he was home at Thanksgiving. My dilemma is Do I just do it on the actual day 100 know it hasn't really been 100 days without him? or Do I do it on day 104 and have it really be 100 days? If you think this is ridiculous you really don't want know everything else that's in my head.

When I was talking to the girls on what we should do on day 100, Grace said that she didn't want to celebrate it at all. She wondered why I would want to be happy about that. I explained to her that I wasn't happy that daddy has been gone that long but happy that God has been with us and helped us get through so far. The lightbulb went on about her head and she agreed to think of a fun way to make day 100 special. Any ideas for us? I am planning on doing something for each hundred mark, 100, 200 and 300.

One thing I want to do is count down days 90-100 (or 94-104 depending on your feedback) by listing 10 things each day that I am thankful for so that they will add up to 100.  I will start with my first 10 now-just in case.

1. Facetime with my man
2. Pioneer Woman recipes
3. MOPS
4. My Sonicare toothbrush that I got for Christmas.
5. Reese's peanut butter cups (you read that right Mrs. Decker lol)
6. Awesome sales on cereal and having great coupons to go with it. (Thanks again Casey!) Gotta love name-brand cereal for .90 a box!
7. 8:30pm, no 9:00pm
8. Chris M. my workout buddy.
9. Dictionary.com
10. DVR

3 comments:

  1. Maybe you should make 100 cookies and deliver some of them to other families with dads overseas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pick whatever day works logistically. I don't really think it matters, just that you're celebrating it! More ideas:
    -Make a cd with 100 songs and sent it to Chris
    -All of you make a list of 100 things you love about Chris and send it to him.
    -Chew 100 pieces of gum (this can represent how hard it's been but you've made it through??) :)
    -Spend 100 minutes praying, singing, thanking God, etc. for what he's given you. (maybe broken up into sections of 10?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always happy to share coupons and a great deal! I challenge anyone to say that they wouldn't love a deal on namebrand cereal when they can get it for .90 a box!

    ReplyDelete