Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Day Seventy-six

Today was a good day. No snow to scoop and I got to talk to my hubby 2x! I just love hearing his voice~~even if it was for only 10 minutes at a time. The best 20 minutes of the whole day.

Tonight, as I was putting Ruby to bed, I said words that I never thought I would say together in a sentence: "Please stop smelling the wall."  Seriously she was smelling the wall. Why? Who knows with that girl. She has a "thing" for smelling things. In fact, today after Zoe ummm passed gas, pardon my language, Ruby went over and smelled the air around her and said, "Eww, she smells like pomegranates!"

As a mom, I say so many things I never thought I would. "Don't hit your sister over the head with that hammer!" "We don't use Q-tips from the garbage can!"--this has also been said regarding floss. I know I am not the only mom out there that has had to say some crazy things to her kids. What about you? Do you have some funny/strange things you have said to your kids? I would love to hear them.

3 comments:

  1. I threatened to send my girls to "the family that stairs at the walls"..you know the family that has no toys to play with or NOTHING to do....I made arrangements for them to go today at 10am and even had them call my parents to tell them good bye...they were just driving me crazy...can I say I can't wait for spring to come:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not even a bit suprised!What do you see wrong or strange in smelling a wall?....
    They may laugh now but..Someday,someday Rubydoo the world will come to understand us :)
    I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE u!
    Nighty night my girls...love you all
    auntie jj

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL this made me laugh Sarah. Can't think of anything yet, but I"m sure I'll be able to write a list! I know I"ve said things like that to my students!

    ReplyDelete