So here's my confession. After telling my oldest to go and put her shoes and socks on so we could go into town to pick up her sister, she complained and snapped "why can't I just wear my slippers!?!?!" (You may say that doesn't sound so horrible but you didn't see her face or heard her tone of voice) After a few more back and forths I finally lost my patience and yelled, "Go ahead and wear your slippers because I am going to put the van in a ditch and make you get out and walk in the snow in your slippers!!" Please note that at this very moment my head is hanging in shame. Looking back I now know I should have just walked away after she first talked back. Where was that wisdom when I need it most?!? It sure would have saved hurt feelings, regret, and a loss of respect G probably now has of me.
"The LORD is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.
He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.
He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint."
and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint."
Isaiah 40:29-31
No comments:
Post a Comment