Monday, January 24, 2011

Day Eighty-nine

I feel like lightening it up a bit today.

A few things about myself: Some common knowledge. Some new. Some normal. Some not so much.

*I am a lefty!! Extremely proud of that.
*I have brown eyes.
*Out of 4 daughters I have 1 who is a lefty and she has brown eyes. My sweet Addie.
*My favorite color is RED but don't tell yellow.
*My favorite authors are: Agatha Christie, Vince Flynn, David Baldacci and Sandra Boynton
*My favorite movies are: Return to Me, Wrestling Ernest Hemingway, The Village, just to name a few.
*My favorite t.v. shows are: Leverage, White Collar, Bones, The Office, American Pickers, and lots of stuff on The History Channel.
*When I was in the 5th grade I wanted to be an archeologist when I grew up.
*I started dreaming about becoming a mommy when I was 11 years old.
*I could eat either Mexican food or cereal for every meal.
*I wish I could be good at everything I try. The first time I try it. It would sure save me a lot of heartache and time.
*I got my first speeding ticket in Clinton, Arkansas. Chris was with me. We were dating.
*I got my second speeding ticket while taking Chris to lunch. Again while we were dating.
*I've been to STOP class 2x.
*Chris married me, his speed demon, in July of 1996.
*I love the sound of the following: the crunch of walking in freshly fallen snow, my girls laughing, thunder, rain, the way my husband says my name, and the little sounds new babies make.
*My favorite smells are: LUVs diapers, my babies when they are fresh out of the bath, cinnamon rolls, and freshly mowed grass.
*Bear with me on this one. Chris has a little shaving mirror in our shower. When it gets all steamed up I draw a little face in it and pretend it's Chris and talk to him. I only do this when he is gone so don't think I'm too nuts.
*If I could choose one superpower I would pick the ablility to fly.
*When I was a little girl I had a baby doll that I named Christopher Lee. Guess what my hubby's name is?!?
*I really don't want my kids to grow up and move away.
*I struggle with poor self-esteem, being too hard on myself, and not knowing what my gifts are.
*I used to daydream about becoming a singer and writer.
*I can pat my head and rub my tummy.
*The toilet paper MUST go over the top in my house.  Under is a BIG no-no.
*I truly believe that I am the only person in the house that knows how to change the empty roll of said toilet paper.

2 comments:

  1. Fun idea! I love learning more about you, friend, and I always LOVE your honesty! :)

    I need to help you out with one of your comments (not knowing your gifts)...Sarah, you are incredibly gifted in generosity and helpfulness! You are one of the first to respond when you hear of a need, and always SO willing to be a blessing in any way you can. You inspire me! That is DEFINITELY a gift, and you use it well - I think of the passage in Matthew 25 that says,

    "35 For I was hungry, and you fed me. I was thirsty, and you gave me a drink. I was a stranger, and you invited me into your home. 36 I was naked, and you gave me clothing. I was sick, and you cared for me. I was in prison, and you visited me.’

    37 “Then these righteous ones will reply, ‘Lord, when did we ever see you hungry and feed you? Or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 Or a stranger and show you hospitality? Or naked and give you clothing? 39 When did we ever see you sick or in prison and visit you?’

    40 “And the King will say, ‘I tell you the truth, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters,[a] you were doing it to me!’

    You are living out that passage in everything that you do to bless those around you, and it does NOT go unnoticed - you are doing it for His glory, Sarah! :)

    Love you,
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, thanks Stacy. What an encouraging thing to say. I will have to take some time to think about how I feel aboout it. You know I am sitting here thinking of all the times I didn't do those things. but for you I would I will stop and just say Thank You!!!
    I am blessed to have you as a friend. Going through this deployment would be even harder without friends like you.
    I appreciate your words of encouragement, your prayers, your willingness to put up with me calling you to tell about a good deal I knew you would like, and for wishing me a Happy Thursday!! :)
    Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete